Follow us on Twitter @CHS_PTA
The Cardiff High School PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
The Cardiff High School PTA is an association of parents, teachers, children and local businesses. The PTA was set up in 2001 with the aim to raise money and develop other opportunities to enhance the education and wellbeing of all students at Cardiff High School. The PTA is a registered charity and has a Board of Trustees. The PTA is a dynamic and expanding group of parents who run activities and fundraising events to raise funds for school to purchase additional resources to enrich the learning experience of all pupils.
Our chair is Bev Minnis and vice-chair is Charlotte Jones, and you can contact the PTA via email on CHSPTA@yahoo.com
The key area of activity is fundraising. This is done through the organisation of events for parents, teachers, the community and students and also via the Gift Aid standing order donation scheme and business sponsorship. The school relies heavily on support from parents and the community to deliver continued improvements to both the educational and physical environment.
Since its inception, the PTA has managed several successful fundraising campaigns, delivering a new dining area, a learning resources room, pull out seating for the hall, ICT and DT equipment and contributed towards the purchase of a new mini bus and most recently outdoor chess and table tennis equipment, camera equipment for the photography club and a high jump bed for PE.
Ways you can get involved:
- Our main source of income if from Standing Order donations, and if you would like to help us in this way please download the Standing Order Donation form below.
- The PTA aims to maintain a friendly presence at any event where parents are invited in to the school. We sell teas/coffees refreshments at every parents evening, and run a licenced bar at the Music Departmental Concerts and the annual musical production.
- We hold a monthly car boot sale, usually the last Sunday of every month throughout the school calendar. We charge £7 for a pitch, or you could come along and help sell refreshments or run the second hand uniform stall.
- You could help plan or organise an event. This year we are running a Christmas Shopping Event, a quiz/supper evening and a summer ball. We are open to any new ideas.
- Donate a raffle or auction prize
- Shop online using easyfundraising.org.uk (more information here)
We meet once a term informally, and help for every event is organised via a Whatsapp group with people pitching in where they can. You can help just once or many times, but everyone is welcome.